All year round, but particularly summer and winter, it’s fantastic to be able to control the temperature of your environment. Hot and humid? Put the air conditioner on to cool the building (and yourself). Teeth-chattering-ly cold inside? Switch your air conditioner on to the heating function.
Office employees, clients, customers and the like deserve a comfortable temperature while at work or accessing a service.
That’s why you need commercial air conditioning in Perth, for optimised temperature, regardless of what the weather throws your way.
Want to know how to keep your commercial air conditioner working efficiently?
Read more from the Perth commercial air conditioning experts at Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical to find out.
Clean out the condenser unit
A condenser unit? What’s that? This is the unit that is usually fitted outside of your building, and usually the contraption that is gathering dust and dirt.
Why do you need to clean it?
- As it’s gathering dirt, dust and debris, this can be circulated around your building when the air conditioner is in use.
How do you clean it?
- Use a coil cleaner (a heavy-duty detergent that cleans dust, dirt and oils from evaporator coils)
- Flush the coil out and let it dry
- The last step is cleaning your commercial air conditioning condenser unit with a light brush.
After all, who wants (more) dirt, dust and debris floating around their building when a quick clean will solve it?
Check the evaporator
Every business owner or manager should check the evaporator of their commercial air conditioning system from time to time.
It’s located above the furnace area which is known as the plenum.
A Perth commercial air conditioning expert will recommend a thorough clean of your air conditioning evaporator at least once a year to extend its lifespan and maintain efficiency.
How do you do this?
- Remove the foil from the front of the plenum
- Remove the screen and lift the plate off
- With a damp cloth, wipe away any dirt you see, as well as any dirt build up that could be on the bottom side of the evaporator.
Having difficulty locating or accessing the evaporator yourself? Contact the Perth refrigeration and commercial air conditioning experts at Allfield for assistance.
Clean the fan and filter
When in use, your air conditioner has fans that cool it. When you complete your air conditioning check and cleans, don’t forget to look at the fans to see if they’re dirty.
Notice any dust or residue? Perhaps the blades are slightly distorted. It’s time to fix it before it becomes a problem.
- Open the cabinet to access the fan
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the inside and blades
- If blades are loosened, tighten them in place.
A good hack to do if your air conditioner has oil ports, is to drop in a few drops of non-detergent motor oil at the beginning of summer. Why? To help it work at the ultimate efficiency.
It’s best to clean or replace your commercial air conditioning filter at the beginning of every summer, too.
Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical are your local Perth commercial air conditioning specialists.
Need commercial air conditioning in Perth? Contact Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical today for installation, repair and maintenance of all commercial refrigeration systems.