Energy efficiency across all sectors is good for the environment and good for your pockets.
It’s important to keep this in mind when you’re building, renovating or simply updating your current heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in a residential or commercial setting.
It’s time to make an informed choice when it comes to the heating solutions you make to keep your business warm in these unusually, icy months.
So, want to find out if energy efficient is possible, and if so – how?
Find out with Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical down below.
Understanding energy efficiency
Energy efficiency is more than just a buzz term to be used here, there (and everywhere).
In reality, energy-efficient heating refers to an appliance that operates without using much power and equates to saving you money on electricity and/or gas bills.
At the same time, these systems are more environmentally friendly in that they reduce greenhouse emissions, benefiting the environment (of course), but also you.
Energy-efficient heating changes you can make at work
There are many simple tips and tricks you can do around the office and in your commercial environment to make energy efficiency heating possible.
5 changes to employ:
- Keep your blinds and curtains open when the sun is out and closed when it’s not. This is a free way to maintain heat.
- Install insulation in your business’ roof to ensure warmth in winter and coolness in summer.
- Close doors and remove draughts with easy to source and inexpensive draught stoppers. After all, you don’t want welcomed warmth escaping through doors or under them.
- Did you know most ceiling fans have winter and summer modes? In the winter months, you can actually use your ceiling fan to circulate heat!
- Stick to the ideal temperature which is roughly 20-21 degrees Celsius. Any higher will only make your commercial heating system work harder and cost more.
Making energy-efficient heating possible in the workplace
The above tips are smart and inexpensive ways to achieve and maintain energy efficiency warmth at work. However, you simply can’t look past heating and cooling systems.
They have the potential to be the biggest consumers of energy at a commercial premise – but they don’t have to be.
Here are Allfield’s own 3 tips for choosing energy-efficient heating systems:
- Choose the right heater for your needs
Talk to your commercial HVAC specialist in the planning stage about what capacity you want your heating system to operate at, conditions to operate under and placement. We’ll be able to provide expert advice that suits your business’ needs.
- Energy rating
The more stars, the more energy-efficient – which means the cheaper it will run.
- How does it function?
Cheaper rarely means better. Consider quality brands and their included features like controls, smart heating capacities and thermostats.
As with all your commercial refrigeration, ventilation and air conditioning needs – trust the experts in professional installation and servicing: Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical.
Need help achieving energy-efficient heating at work?
Contact Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical today for highly effective and energy-efficient commercial air conditioning systems.