Do-It-Yourself (DIY) projects are great in the home if you have the time, motivation and even a sprinkle of expertise.
Major DIY projects in the workplace, though? It’s best you think again. There’s some workplace fittings, fixtures and operations that are just too time-consuming, expensive and downright dangerous to undertake yourself. One of these is DIY repairs to your commercial air conditioning unit or systems.
Want to know why you shouldn’t risk it with DIY repairs?
Read more from the commercial air conditioning experts at Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical to find out.
DIY commercial air conditioning repairs take time
You may think: “why wait around for an air conditioning service technician when I can try and fix the problem myself?” While you may think you’re saving time – the reality is different.
Why is this so?
- Air conditioners are complex mechanisms made up of many moving parts.
- There’s no ‘one-size-fits-all approach to air conditioners that can make those online DIY tutorial videos more of a time-waster.
- It can even take an experienced technician some time to pinpoint and diagnose the issue.
This means without the experience or the knowhow, identifying and solving what’s wrong with your commercial air conditioning is near impossible.
Focus on what you do best which is running a business and your air conditioner service technician will focus on identifying, solving and preventing any further issues with your commercial air conditioning.
Are you really saving money?
DIY repairs have the potential to save you money, but not all the time. In fact, there are often surprising hidden costs involved when it comes to trying to repair your air conditioning on your own.
How does this happen?
- Business owners don’t have access to the appropriate parts,
- This could lead to expensive orders from air conditioner manufacturers, and even worse,
- Ordering and receiving the wrong part(s)!
- Also, warranties become void if anyone that isn’t a licensed repair technician so much as opens the unit.
As commercial air conditioner repairs are complex and difficult to the untrained eye, a well-intentioned but shoddy DIY repair can mean replacing the entire unit.
Health and safety issues
Finally, there are health and safety issues that come from attempting to DIY repair your commercial air conditioning.
What are they?
- From an occupational health and safety perspective, strained muscles and potentially dropping the unit(s) on yourself become a risk
- Water leaks in or near your air conditioning can lead to the growth of dangerous mould, potentially leading to respiratory issues to you, your staff, clients and/or customers
- Refrigerants can quickly and invisibly poison you or others
- Risks of fire and or electrocution.
Don’t take the risk if or when your air conditioner starts to play up.
Professional, safe and affordable commercial air conditioning services are only one phone call away.
Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical are who to call for professional installation, repairs and maintenance of your commercial air conditioning.
Need commercial air conditioning repairs in Perth?
Contact Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical today for professional repairs for all forms of commercial air conditioning systems.