Refrigeration systems are essential to so many businesses, which means ensuring they’re efficient and functional is very important. Time and money is of the essence to many commercial enterprises, so disruptions and spending large sums of money on refrigeration systems if they go bust, can be chaotic and troublesome to business operations.
If only these situations could be avoided. Well, it turns out, they can…with preventative maintenance.
Want to know what’s involved with commercial refrigeration preventative maintenance?
Read more from the Perth commercial refrigeration experts at Allfield, to find out.
This is a simple process, that can really, truly save you time and money down the line.
How should you do this?
- Start by carefully inspecting all four sides of the gaskets (rubber seals), around the door of your commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Pay close attention to any gaps or tears. These could be letting warm air flow into your refrigeration equipment, negatively impacting its functionality.
- While you’re at it, you may as well clean those gaskets with warm, soapy water to remove the presence of any food particles or other debris that may lurk in the folds and crevices.
Inadequate door gaskets and seals will force your commercial refrigeration equipment to work overtime to keep its interior nice and cool.
For more information on door gaskets and leaks read our previous blog post.
When was the last time you checked the settings of your commercial refrigeration operations?
Some business owners adopt a set-and-forget mindset when it comes to settings, which is understood due to the hustle and bustle of many commercial kitchens and businesses with cold rooms.
However, taking a couple of minutes out of your day here and there to check your refrigeration system settings, may surprise you.
- Having your commercial refrigeration equipment’s temperature too low will force it to operate harder than it needs to and probably decrease its functional lifespan.
- Whereas temperature that’s too high, on the other hand, as we all would know, can lead to food spoilage and harmful bacteria growth.
Do the right thing by your commercial refrigeration system and check its settings more.
This is your friendly reminder!
Condenser coils and drain lines
The condenser coil removes heat, including heat that’s generated from the equipment, from the interior unit, outside and away from the refrigerator. After all, who wants a heated fridge?
Clean coils enable efficiency of your commercial refrigeration system of the highest calibre, so clean your coils regularly as part of your preventative maintenance checklist.
Drain lines also, are often overlooked. While you can clean them yourself, it’s always recommended you get a professional commercial refrigeration expert to undertake the service for you.
Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical are who you need for your commercial refrigeration needs.
We proudly service many Perth businesses with all their refrigeration installations, repairs and maintenance.
Need help with commercial refrigeration?
Contact Allfield Refrigeration and Mechanical to see how we can help with installation, repairs and service of your essential refrigeration equipment.